I’m not sure how or why I fell in love with Ashtanga yoga. I just know how good I feel afterwards. Of course, there are some concepts and philosophies behind Ashtanga yoga which I’ll leave to other more qualified sources.
So, here are some ashtanga sites that I frequent to get some information and inspiration. More to be added!
- Jois Yoga : This is the shala where I discovered Ashtanga and fell in love with it. We are so fortunate to have wonderful teachers here who have learned from the source in Mysore.
- KPJAYI: The source! Need more be said? One of my dreams is to travel to Mysore and study with Sharath for a month or so.
- David Garrigues: There’s a wealth of info and inspiring stories on this site.
- Ashtanga Yoga Info : This is a European-based web-site but they have awesome pictures and explanations of all the poses from Primary through Advanced A.
A bit of my yoga reading list:
- Yoga Mala (K. Pattahbi Jois)
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga: Discipline of Freedom (Barbara Stoler Miller)